As the Xiomi Mi3 goes on sale in India, the company has announced the successor Xiomi Mi4 in China. The phone sports 5 inch display with 1920 x1080 pixels resolution. The display has the 441 ppi and it is based on the one glass solution which provides sharper quality. The phone is also powered by 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 processor and Adreno 330 GPU. On the software front, the device runs on the miui version 6 which is based on the Android 4.4 kitkat.
If there is anything that is doubtful about these low cost phones, it is about the camera. Xiomi however, has put efforts in bringing 13 megapixel rear camera with Sony BSI sensor and 8 megapixel front camera with another Sony sensor. Off course, Sony is well-known for putting excellent camera sensors on its phone and therefore we can expect a good sort of output from the Xiomi Mi4. The device weights just 149 grams and has a 67.5 mm wide body.
Xiomi Mi4 specifications at glance
- 5inch display, 1920×1080 pixels IPS panel, 441 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass display
- 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Quad core processor, 3 GB of RAM
- 13 megapixel primary camera + LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 4k video recording
- 8 megapixel secondary camera with 5 element lens, f/1.8 aperture
- MIUI 6 running on top of Android 4.4 kitkat
- Thickness – 8.9mm, Weight – 149 grams
- 16/64 GB internal storage (depending upon the variant and country)
- 3080 mAh battery along with quick charging at 9V/1.2A or 5V/2A
The phone comes up in two color variants i.e., black and white. Additionally, there are various back cover options such as wooden back and bamboo back. In china, the 16 GB model has been priced at 1999 Chinese Yuan which roughly translates into Rs 19400. The 64 GB model of this phone has got the price tag of 2499 Chinese Yuan which is approximately Rs 24300. The phone will start retailing in via China Unicom from July 29th and other operators might follow the suite from August.