Well, finally the much waited Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Verizon Galaxy Note II users is here. According to the reports from various XDA forum users, it seems that Verizon has finally started rolling out Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update and if you’re proud owner of this device who had been waiting since the fall of 2013 for all those Google goodies to come within your phone, your wait is over.
This Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Verizon Galaxy Note II shoots up the build number to KOT49H.I605VRUFND7. As I said earlier, this update brings out all the software tweaks and user experience from the kitkat series that was unveiled last year. It also includes some of the Samsung specific apps and you’ll have to bear those unless you’re rooting. What is major is the compatibility of the Gear 2 smartwatch. This update brings up that compatibility and users can now pair the smartwatch with Note II to enjoy the wearable specific experience. The other so called feature Knox 2.0 has also been added in the update.
Apart from these major changes, there are some minor changes here and there. Some of the apps have been removed while bunch of new apps have been added.
Below is the full changelog of this Verizon Galaxy Note II update.
Verizon Galaxy Note II Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update Changelog
- Added Samsung KNOX 2.0
- Keyboard has been optimized for Kitkat experience.
- Backup Assistant – Error code popup has been fixed.
- S Memo – Search icon has been removed where there is no memo.
- Favorite contact information background is now more readable.
- Streaming Music: Connectivity improvements.
- Samsung Gear Manager: Stability improvements.
- Text alert improvements for select car kits.
- Changes to apps/widgets – Google Drive, Photos, Play Newsstand, Emergence Alert App icon, S Suggest, Samsung Music
- Added support for Samsung Galaxy Gear 2
Samsung KNOX 2.0 brings following set of additional features.
- Compatibility for enterprise customers
- Dual Persona
- TIMA Real Time Kernel Protection
- Trust Zone Based ODE
- Universal MDM Client, Samsung Enterprise Gateway
- KNOX Generic VPN Framework
[sources – verizon wireless]