Xiaomi is already making buyers crazy by their exclusive flipkart sales and they do have a huge demand. I mean, why wouldn’t I buy cheap device with quality specs and hardware? I appreciate the efforts from Xiaomi to build devices within the reach of common people and provide them unique user experience without compromising the hardware and specification. According to the recent reports, Xiaomi has already grabbed 5th largest vendor in the world with over 5% of market share. The recently launched Xiaomi Redmi note is available to purchase through flipkart flash sales. There was lot of demand regarding the root methods for Xiaomi Redmi Note Indian 3G version. So, this article is going to cover the easiest method to root Xiaomi Redmi Note Indian 3G version.
Before starting the process let’s take a look at the specs of the device and understand the difference between 3G and 4G versions of Xiaomi Redmi Note currently being sold in India. Xiaomi Redmi 3G version is dual sim and has 1.7GHz Octa-core (8-core) MediaTek MT6592 CPU, Android 4.3 Jellybean and weights 199g. On the other hand 4G version of Xiaomi Redmi Note has 1.6GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 400 MSM8928 CPU, 4.4 Android kitkat and weights 185g. Not to forget, 4G version doesn’t have dual sim slot. The rest of the specs is same, both have 13Mp rear and 5mp front camera, 2GB RAM and 5.5-inch HD (1280×720) IPS display with pixel density of 267ppi. The difference is huge and could be a difficult choice to make between the two. Well, according to me both the devices are pretty great and as lot of units of 3G version has been sold, here is a easy and detailed method on How to root Xiaomi Redmi Note (Indian 3G).
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G
I tried this method successfully on version v38, but it should also work for other stable versions.
- File required to root: Root Tool
- Battery level more than 70% (Recommended)
- File required to un-root: Unroot Tool
- Copy RedMiNote_rootonly_rel.zip file to the internal storage of your device.
- Go to the tools folder and open the Updater app. Touch the menu key and tap on Select update package. It will ask for the file, just choose the downloaded RedMiNote_rootonly_rel.zip zip file.
- Tap on Select update package option and choose the downloaded root file. Click on the Update option, wait for the update to complete and then reboot to finish.
- Now select the Update option and wait for the process to get finished. Once completed, reboot your device.
- After the reboot, root access can be enabled from security app. Just open security app, tap on permissions and select enable root permission.
Congratulation! you have successfully rooted your device. After root, your device will not be able to install OTA updates. But you can download the OTA zip and manually install the update by above method. Or you can unroot the phone, install OTA and then again root it.
How to unroot Xiaomi Redmi Note
Download the unroot tool mentioned in pre-requisites and install it with the method mentioned above. After updating, just reboot the device and you are all eligible for OTA updates.
Source: MIUI India forum