In the beginning of this year Micromax added yet another budget smartphone to its Canvas lineup dubbed Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2. But the key thing that differentiates this smartphone from others is the fact that this time company decided to do it with the newest breed of MT6582M quad-core processors from Taiwanese fabricator MediaTek. This smartphone has got everything to attract the attention of a budget smartphone buyer: 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, 5-inch display with a resolution of 960×540 pixels, 8mp rear-facing camera, 2mp front-facing camera, LED notification, accelerometer, proximity sensor and so on.
Rooting this awesome smartphone is a good idea to tap its full potential. Are you the owner of this smartphone and willing to root it to flash a custom ROM (or may be to update the OS)? Well, you’re in the right place. In this tutorial we’re going to root this smartphone. You just need to follow the steps outlined here carefully and in the end your smartphone will be rooted:
- Before doing anything ensure that you’ve backed up all your important files and data. If you’ve not done the same then do it now – and do it manually instead of using backup software.
- Charge your phone’s battery at least 80% if it’s not charged that much already.
- Ensure that the drivers of your phone are installed in your PC. Connect your phone to PC via USB cable and see if it’s identified or not. If it’s identified then drivers are installed, otherwise download the drivers from here and install them on your PC.
- Now enable Developer Options in your device. To do that go to Settings >> About Phone and tap the build number 5-7 times. Now developer options menu will be available in the Settings app.
- Lastly, enable USB debugging in your device. Navigate to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging and enable it by checking the checkbox assigned to it.
All set? Okay, now let’s dive into the main rooting process:
How to Root Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2
- This process makes use of Rootkit software to root the device. Download Rootkit on your PC from here and install it.
- Once installed, launch it and connect your phone to PC.
- Your device will be identified itself by the software. After identification it’ll show a “Root Now” button. Just click that button and wait until the process completes. You don’t need to do anything during the process because Rootkit will do all the required tasks itself.
- After the completion of process your phone will be rebooted. Now you can disconnect it from the PC because your Canvas 2.2 has been rooted.
If you want to verify the root status then you can do that by using the Root Checker application. Install Root Checker from Google Play store and if you find your phone unrooted or face any issues after the root then please do let us know about them in the comments. We’ll try our best to help you out.