After millions of leaks, the most anticipated device has been unveiled by HTC on Tuesday. Leaks were indeed true and the device is a an upgrade over last generation HTC One. For select countries, the device went on sale just after the announcement and other countries have to wait for few weeks. The device will be available in India around third week of April. HTC One M8 will be available through 230 telecom operators in over 100 countries worldwide.
HTC’s CEO, Peter Chou stated, “In 2013 we introduced the best smartphone in the world, but we never stopped challenging ourselves and the status quo in this category. As pioneers in mobile innovation, we continue to design and build devices that will dazzle, inspire and transform the smartphone industry. Today I’m proud to launch the most stunning, intuitive and advanced handset that the industry has seen to date, the new HTC One (M8).”
Last generation HTC One was criticized for not having memory expansion slot, which has been rectified in New HTC One M8. The device has now twin rear cameras with ultra-pixel technology and 5mp from camera.
According to the press release “The Duo Camera boasts a depth sensor in addition to the main HTC UltraPixelTM module, capturing detailed depth information from a scene and enabling a range of beautiful and creative effects that allow you to do more with your images than ever before.”
The all new HTC One M8 comes with new HTC Sense 6.0, which provides motion and gesture based actions like, direct unlock to camera, blinkfeed, home, etc. HTC has also included Auto Answer feature which allows you to answer a call by putting the phone to your ear without touching the screen.
HTC has hit the right chord with new HTC One and hopefully the device will perform better than the last generation HTC One. New software features like zoe, sense 6.0, TV are simply perfect. The device has 90% metal elements and the overall structure of the device is comfortable and adorable.
Specifications of HTC One M8
- Size of device: 146.3 x 70.6 x 9.35mm, 160g
- Screen: 5-inch FHD (1920×1080) SLCD 3, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- CPU: 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core Krait 400 cpu with Adreno 330
- Android flavour: Android 4.4 with Sense 6.0
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16/32GB internal, microSD support up to 128GB
- Cameras(with HTC ImageChip 2): Twin Camera (4.1 UltraPixel camera & 2MP depth camera), 5MP front camera
- Battery capacity: 2,600mAh (talk time 21 hours, standby time 21 days)
- 3.5mm headphone, microUSB (MHL)
- Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), GPS, NFC
- BoomSound, IR Blaster
- Color Availability(depends on market): Amber Gold, Glacial Silver, and Gunmetal Gray
- Fitbit fitness tracker app
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated microphone
For more information: HTC