Nowadays, the Xiaomi smartphones are much popular in India. After the huge success of Xiaomi Mi3 smartphone, the Chinese manufacturer came up on another mid-range device namely Xiaomi Redmi 1s. The newly Xiaomi Redmi 1s comes with super-impressive features and available at very affordable rate, that’s what Indian market is demanding. No doubt, this is the most trending smartphone among users, but it has been a developers’ favorite too. Seeing the configuration and performance of Xiaomi Redmi 1s, many developers have started development for it.
Here comes the first-ever Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1s via CyanogenMod. As we know that the device runs on ‘MIUI based Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS’ but now it can be updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with the help of CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM. This is an unofficial CyanogenMod update, but the most interesting thing is that it is the stable version and smoother than the previous releases. The ROM is based on AOSP Android 4.4.4 KitKat version and loaded with a lot of new goodies. So, those users who want to change their MIUI interface can definitely install this CyanogenMod Custom ROM. For the installation, you can refer the below guide on How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 1s to CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 ROM.
- Make sure that Xiaomi Redmi 1s is charged up to 70 – 80%.
- ‘USB Debugging’ option must be enabled on the device.
- You must have an access to root. If not, you can refer the step-by-step guide to root Xiaomi Redmi 1s.
- Also, check that ‘CWM/TWRP’ recovery must be installed for flashing purpose.
- Don’t forget to take a complete backup of your current ROM and it’s data.
If you are ready with all the above mentioned things then only you can update Xiaomi Redmi 1s to CyanogenMod 11 ROM. Let’s find out how!
Download Update Files
How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 1s to CyanogenMod 11 ROM
- You need to grab both the above zips on your Computer.
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 1s to your Computer via USB data cable.
- Copy the downloaded files to the device memory.
- Disconnect your device and boot it in to recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Power” buttons together.
- Once you are into Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset” option to clear phone memory.
- Then, select “Mounts and Storage” option > Format System. Choose “Yes” to format system.
- In order to clear cache memory, you need to select “wipe cache partition” > give “Yes”.
- Now, come back to recovery main menu and select “Advanced” option > “‘wipe dalvik cache” > give “Yes”.
- Again, go back to recovery main screen, choose “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select downloaded ROM.zip file > give “Yes” to begin flashing process. Repeat the process to flash “Gapps” package.
- Once you have successfully flashed all the packages then select “+++++Go Back+++++” and choose “reboot system now” to re-start your device.
Please note that your Xiaomi Redmi 1s will take more time to boot up that usual. So, keep patience!
That’s it! Your Xiaomi Redmi 1s is now updated to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Also, you can verify it by navigating to “Settings > About Phone”. So, do you like CyanogenMod Custom ROM and its interface? Is the performance increased or declined? What about customization options? Share all your experience with us using the comments box below!