XOLO – an Indian company which has already captured user’s attention with its affordable Android smartphones is now looking to follow a different path. Well, the initiative has already been started by releasing Q3000 smartphone. XOLO Q3000 falls under high-end smartphones category possessing an attractive design and premium features. The device sports a big 5.7 inch IPS LCD display, 1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU with 2GB RAM, PowerVR SGX544 GPU for gaming, 13MP Camera with auto focus and face-detection technology, and runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Today, in this article, we are going to illustrate a step-by-step guide on “How to Root XOLO Q3000 and Install Custom Recovery”. So, those users, who are looking to improve their XOLO Q3000 performance can go through the below guide. For an ease, we have divided this article into two sections:
- How to Root XOLO Q3000
- How to Install Custom Recovery on XOLO Q3000
So, make sure you follow both the guides in sequence. Let’s go then!
- You need to charge your XOLO Q3000 up to 70 – 80% for the smooth process.
- Check that you have enabled “USB Debugging” option on your XOLO Q3000.
- Make sure you have already taken the backup of device data.
- Download and Install “MediaTek USB Drivers“.
How to Root XOLO Q3000
- Download ‘Framaroot app‘ from this link and Install it on your XOLO Q3000.
- Once installed, Launch the ‘Framaroot app’ from your app drawer.
- Now, tap on ‘Gandalf Exploit/Install Super Su’ button to start the rooting process.
- Once the rooting process is successfully completed then you’ll receive a message “Success! Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- Further, reboot your device and that’s it.
- Congratulations! Your XOLO Q3000 has been successfully rooted. Now, follow the next guide to install Custom Recovery on XOLO Q3000.
How to Install Custom Recovery on XOLO Q3000
- Download and install “Flashify app” from the Google Play Store.
- Download the “Recovery image” file from this link and copy it to the device internal memory.
- Open the “Flashify app” from the app drawer.
- Tap on “Recovery Image” option and navigate to the path where you have copied the recovery image file.
- Choose the “.img” extension file and tap on “YUP/OK” button.
- Now the recovery flashing process will start and it not take more than 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once the process is completed, a pop-up will be displayed saying “Flash Completed”.
- Click on “Reboot now” to reboot your device.
Voila! You have successfully installed Custom Recovery on your XOLO Q3000. Finally, now can flash various Custom ROMs on your XOLO Q3000 to check it’s true potential. If you have any queries or questions related to the guide, then you can share with us via comments. Enjoy 😀