Google announced Android One project this year during the I/O event and the very first Android One smartphones are now available in India. According to Google the smartphones of this project are aimed to provide the latest features and OS with decent hardware on a budget. Spice Dream Uno is one of the first three smartphones launched in India under this project. Powered by MediaTek 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM, this smartphone comes with 4GB internal storage, 4.5-inch IPS LCD display, 5MP camera, and 1700mAH battery. And here’s the best part: you’ll get regular updates for next two years at least, something that remains unavailable even in many other expensive smartphones. All this amazing stuff costs only Rs. 6,299, which is a big deal!
Do you already own this awesome smartphone? Are you willing to root it to maximize its potential? Okay, then here’s how you can root Spice Dream Uno easily without even using a computer.
Must Read: Flip Covers and Cases for Spice Dream Uno
- First thing that you need to do is backing up your data. Backup all your important files manually to a secure place.
- Now enable the Developer Options in your device. Navigate to Settings >> About Phone and tap the build number of your phone 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Now navigate to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB Debugging and enable USB debugging mode by checking the checkbox assigned to it.
- Lastly, ensure that your phone’s at least 80% charged before you begin the process.
How to Root Spice Dream Uno
There’re two methods available to root this phone. I’m mentioning both in this tutorial and you can root your device by any of the methods given below depending on your preferences:
- Download FramaRoot application on your phone and install it like any other normal application.
- Once installed, launch the application and select “Install SuperSu” from the dropdown menu. Also choose “Aragorn” root exploit from the list. You can try other root exploits as well if this one doesn’t work.
- Now click the Root button and wait until the process completes and your phone reboots. After reboot you’ll have a rooted Spice Dream Uno in your hands.
Alternative method to root Spice Dream Uno
- Visit the Towelroot.com website and download the apk file required for rooting process by clicking the lamba symbol given on the website.
- After downloading the apk file tap it in the file manager and install like any other normal application. During installation process you may receive a warning by system that’ll tell you that you should not install this application. That’s okay, and you need to ignore it. The warning appears because this app plays with the security protocols of Android, which is essential for rooting a device.
- After installation launch the app from app drawer and tap the big button with words “make it ra1n” to begin the rooting process.
- After successful completion of process install SuperSu app from Play Store and enjoy your rooted device. If you wish you can verify the root status by using Root Checker application.