Samsung Galaxy A7 is one of the most recent addition in Galaxy series smartphone and by the looks of it, I’m very much convinced that it has got potentials to do well in Indian market. While people are struggling to find a comprehensive solution to root Samsung Galaxy A7, we have come up with the easiest and most detailed tutorial that will help you in rooting this android smartphone.
On paper, Samsung Galaxy A7 looks to be the most promising smartphone in 30K price segment. 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor, massive 2GB RAM and 5.5 inch AMOLED full HD display. On the camera front, it is equipped with 13 megapixel shooter at back whereas there is this additional 5 megapixel camera at front. The phone has got very different design aspects compared to the previous generation Galaxy smartphones.
Moving next to the real deal here, let us start rooting Samsung Galaxy A7. Make sure that you’re following this tutorial very carefully and take care of these basic prerequisites.
Root Samsung Galaxy A7 – Prerequisites
- Warning – Rooting voids warranty. Samsung doesn’t support rooting and therefore your phone’s warranty will no longer be held valid if you root it within warranty period.
- Samsung Galaxy A7 USB Drivers are required. Please download and install them before starting this process. This will allow us to connect your phone to the computer.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled. In order to enable it, you will first need to activate developer options. You can activate it by going into settings > about and tapping on build number 6 times. Once developer options are activated, you can navigate to settings > developer options and check tick-mark for USB debugging.
- I would highly recommend you to take backup of all your important stuff. You can use Samsung Kies for the same or you can simply download a third party app to achieve the same.
- Last but not the least, your phone should have minimum 70 percent battery. Additionally, deactivate anti virus applications on your computer as well as phone.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A7
- It is important to understand the model number here and therefore go into the settings > about phone and see what model number your device has. According to the model number, download appropriate version of CF Auto root from below mentioned links.
- Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A7000 | Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A7009 | Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD | Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700H
- Once you’ve downloaded an appropriate kit, extract it on your computer.
- Download and install Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your phone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding volume down (-), home and power buttons.
- As soon as your device boots into download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Remember that step of installing odin? Well, if you’ve installed it correctly, your phone will be connected to the computer successfully and you might see “added” message on odin.
- Now, click on the PDA button in Odin window and select .tar.md5 extension file from that extracted kit (step 3).
- Make sure that auto reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked.
- Once everything has been set up properly, click on start button. This will begin the process of flashing that respective file and it will take about a minute or two to complete.
- As soon as it gets completed, your phone will restart automatically. Additionally, you’ll see Pass message in Odin window screen. You can now disconnect your phone from the computer.
Congrats. You’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy A7 with Odin and CF Auto root. In order to confirm if the rooting was successful, download this root checker tool from play store. Run it on your phone and it will let you know if the process has rooted your phone or not. If in case you’re stuck somewhere or if anything goes in wrong direction, feel free to comment below. I will do my best to help you out.