Nokia has recently launcher their first series of Android smartphones which are Nokia X, XL and XL+. As we all know that the devices don’t come with Google play store installed, it is a big letdown for some of the Nokia fans who wanted Android devices from their beloved company. If you have bought any of the Nokia Android device, you can get more out of your smartphone, just by rooting and installing Google play store on it. Here is an easy guide about how to root Nokia X, XL or XL+ and install Google play store on them.
How to Root Nokia X, Nokia XL and Nokia XL+
Prepare your device
- Make sure you device has at least 70% of the battery.
- Backup all your data data including contacts and files.
- Enable USB debugging your Nokia device from Settings>Applications>Development.
- Now go to settings>Security and check unknown sources.
Files Required to Root Nokia X, XL and XL+
Rooting Nokia X, XL and XL+
- Download the Framaroot.apk on your Nokia X, Nokia X+, or Nokia XL+.
- Using the built-in file manager,browse to the folder where you copied Framaroot.apk, then open it to install.
- After installation, start Framaroot, and choose “Gandalf”.
- Reboot your Nokia X, Nokia X+, or Nokia XL, that is it, you are rooted.
How to install Google Play Store on Nokia X, XL, XL+
- Download and install ES File explorer from play store.
- Download Nokia_Gapps from above link and extract them in your phones memory or sd card.
- Enable root explorer in ES File explorer (slide right from bottom to open fast access and go to tools, enable root explorer)
- copy all the extracted apps(.apk file extension) from Nokia_Gapps(2nd in files required) file to /system/apps using ES File explorer.
- Now individually change permission of all the apk’s you just copied. Select the app by tapping and holding, go to 3-dot(named as more) button option and select properties. Now tap on change button in from of permissions. Now select options as shown in the picture below.
=Now Extract NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps(3rd in files required) to your device and install it by opening them one by one.
=reboot and enjoy the all new Nokia Android device with all Google services.
Warning: Rooting the device may void warranty or cause instability to your device if you do not follow the steps properly. We don’t take any responsibility for your device if something goes wrong while rooting it. Though, the above mentioned method is completely safe and tested by many of our readers.
Just comment below if you need further assistance. I would be grateful to help you.