Micromax Yu Yureka has finally made the entry to Indian market and it lived upto its hypes. At the price point of 8999, the device had lot to offer, as a result it has broken the ribs of competitors and also, made cyanogenmod known to common people. The incident is not only beneficial for cyanogenmod(The company) but also Micromax is getting huge response for the device. As a cyanogenmod phone, the device is really easy to root and install the custom recovery, which means lot of custom roms are going to be available this device in upcoming days. This article explains the easiest possible and detailed way to root Micromax Yu Yureka. Let’s get started
Note: Your Warranty won’t go off even if you root your Micromax Yu!
How to root Micromax Yu Yureka and install custom recovery
The process of Rooting Micromax Yu is divided into 3 main steps, first we are going to unlock the bootloader, second we will install custom recovery and in last rooting will be done. Before starting the process, make sure your battery is 100% charged and usb debugging is on under developer options (enable developer options by tapping the build number 7 times under settings-about). Make a complete backup of your device because the unlocking process will erase the internal storage of your device.
Unlock Bootloader, Install CWM Recovery on Micromax YU Yureka
- Extract the above listed adb & fastboot package on your desktop.
- Extract the clockworkMod recovery in the same folder. You will find an .img file inside the zip, rename it to rename.img and make sure that adb.exe, fastboot.exe and recovery.img all are in same folder.
- Now, switch the device off, once completely off keep pressing the volume up button and switch on the device using power button. Don’t release the volume up button until you see fastboot screen.
- Once booted to fastboot screen, you are ready to flash custom recovery. Open the folder where your recovery and fastboot.exe files are present. Keep pressing shift button on you computer and right click in blank white area of windows explorer. Select open command prompt here.
- Check if the phone is getting detected or not, just run this command in command prompt “fastboot devices”. Your phone number code will be displayed in the cmd window, if not visible just disconnect the phone and repeat from step 3 again.
- If device detected, type this command and tap Enter.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
- The device will take a long time to process this command. Your device might boot up again into operating system after unlocking is done, just come back to fastboot screen using step 3.
- Run this command in cmd window
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img
- The CWM recovery is now installed on your device, to access it, power off your phone, keep pressing Volume up + Volume down + Power button.
Steps to Root Micromax YU Yureka
- Download supersu.zip from files required section and transfer it to root of your sd card.
- Boot into clock recovery mod, to do this switch off your phone and keep pressing Vol down + Vol up + Power button and don’t release them until you see the recovery.
- Once booted into recovery, just select install from sd card and browse for the supersu zip file which you copied on your storage in step 1.
- After the installation of the file, reboot your phone.
Congratulation! your Micromax YU Yureka is successfully rooted and ready for custom ROMS. I recommend you first read carefully and understand the process of rooting Micromax YU Yureka before directly jumping into the process. If you have any doubts throw it down in the comments.