Its been couple of weeks since the launch of this device but people have already starting searching for how to root Micromax Unite 2 A106. Initially there were few unconfirmed guides that didn’t work and sadly the efforts of rooting Micromax Unite 2 A106 went into the vain. The situation has changed. Now, there is this fully working guide that has been tested by several users. So, if you’re planning to root your Micromax Unite 2 A106, this guide is perfectly right for you.
This process of rooting Micromax Unite 2 A106 uses combination of software that you would need to download. I’m putting all the secure download links in this post itself. However, before getting into the actual process, let me remind you of the Micromax Unite 2 review that we have added few days ago. Additionally, I will be coming up with the article on covers and cases for this device.
Before You Start
There are bunch of things that you need to take care of before starting to root your android phone. I’m listing them all below. Don’t overlook these things and make sure you’re following the guide as mentioned otherwise you’ll end up bricking your phone.
- Make sure that the battery level on your Micromax Unite 2 is 75 percent or more.
- Take backup of all your important data, files and documents.
- Please enable USB debugging mode on your phone. For that, go into the settings > about and keep on tapping “build number” 5-6 times. You’ll get a toast notification – “You’re now a developer”. You’ll now be able to see the option of USB debugging. Go into the settings > Developer options and tick the check box for “USB Debugging”.
- Please be aware that rooting voids warranty.
How to Root Micromax Unite 2 A106
- Download and install “USB drivers for MTK devices”. The link to download these drivers is mentioned above in downloads section.
- Move SuperSU file on your device’s internal memory. Don’t keep it inside any folder. Just let it be there outside in the root directory.
- Now, take out the battery from the phone and put it inside again. Keep the phone switched off and connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Extract the contents of SP flash tool and double click on Flast_tool.exe to open it.
- Click on the scatter loading button and select the “Scatter file” that you’ve downloaded. The actual name of this scatter file is “MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc.txt”
- This will load a new section in the region below. Here you’ll see a bunch of check boxes. Double click on the BOOTIMG text and select the boot image that you’ve downloaded from the section above. Similarly, click on the RECOVERY text and select the recover image.
- Click on the download button and you might get a warning. Simply skip the warning and you’ll have the CWM recovery flashed on your Micromax Unite 2.
- Now, all you’ve to do is boot into the recovery. For that, press and hold volume up + volume down + power key. Select the recovery mode and select install ZIP from SD card. Use volume buttons to scroll up and down. Use power button to make selection.
- Select the Update-SuperSU-v1.94.zip and flash it onto your phone.
- That’s it folks. This will root your Micromax Unite 2 A106 Easily.
In order to make the initial steps easy and user friendly, I’ve recorded a video of these steps. You can refer to this video for some guidance about rooting Micromax Unite 2 A106.
PS: This tutorial is now outdated. While it may work on some models, I would recommend you all to stop following it.