In today’s rooting tutorial we’ll be rooting a great budget smartphone, which comes with ‘Big Juicy Battery’ and various other amazing features. It’s known as Micromax Canvas Juice A177 and it comes with 5-inches large display, 1.2GHz MTK6572 dual-core processor, Mali 400 GPU, 1GB RAM, 5MP camera, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and a bigger than expected 3000mAh battery. But here’s the biggest thing – all this costs only Rs. 5,089!
Rooting a smartphone like Canvas Juice A177 is the best thing that users can do to get the most out of their device. That’s why we’re going to do the same in this tutorial. Just proceed with the steps outlined in this process carefully and by the end of this tutorial your device will be rooted. For your convenience we’re also including the unroot process in this tutorial so you can unroot your device anytime if you feel the need of doing it. If you need any other help then you can ask about it in the comments section and we’ll see what we can do to help you out.
So enough talking, now let’s get started:
- I know that you won’t like losing your precious data, so take a backup manually.
- Charge your Canvas Juice at least 60%. I usually suggest charging at least 80%, but it’s Canvas Juice – it can last long enough even if you charge it 20% less!
Have you done both things mentioned above? Okay, now let’s move on to the main rooting procedure:
Rooting process for Micromax Canvas Juice A177
- First of all download Framaroot apk file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB data cable and copy the Framaroot apk file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and navigate to Settings >> Security and check the checkbox related to unknown sources.
- Now install the Framaroot application on your phone by tapping the apk file that you just copied to your phone’s internal storage from PC. After tapping the file select “Verify and Install” and tap the button of “Just Once” to install Framaroot on your device.
- After installation is complete launch the Framaroot application and select “Install SuperSu” from the dropdown menu.
- After it choose the ‘Boromir’ root exploit and root your mobile.
- Lastly, reboot your device!
That’s all! Now your phone is rooted and you can manage the root access to applications by using the ‘Su’ app installed in your phone during the root process. Don’t forget unchecking the unknown sources checkbox that you checked in Step 3, otherwise a big security loophole will remain open in your device.
If anytime you feel the need of unrooting your smartphone then you can follow the simple unroot process given below:
Unrooting process for Micromax Canvas Juice A177
- Launch the Su app from app drawer.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap the button of ‘Full Unroot’ and your device will be unrooted!