Lenovo may not sound as attractive as the other big names like Samsung and HTC but they seem to be doing exceptionally well in smartphone segment. The last year’s addition Lenovo P780 is still riding high with good set of specifications and in case you’re on of the owner of this smartphone, here’s how you can root Lenovo P780. Now, I know many of you would stop right there after hearing the word root and that’s probably because you don’t know the advantages. So, let me clear them out through the pre-rooting instructions.
The process of rooting Lenovo P780 is pretty darn easy. It involves nothing but the installation of a simple app called framaroot. So, let’s begin with some of the points that you should be aware of before rooting Lenovo P780.
Before You Proceed
- One of the major disadvantage of rooting Lenovo’s P780 is related to the warranty. If you root this phone, you’ll no longer be able to avail the warranty.
- Advantages include points like the ability to remove the unwanted pre-installed apps, ability to use SD card as internal memory and so on and so forth. Currently, developers are working on getting the SD card to be used as internal memory of Lenovo P780.
- Now, before we begin, make sure that your phone i.e., Lenovo P780 has at least 70 percent or more battery left.
- If you’ve any important files or apps that you want to backup, use this guide.
- You’ll need an active internet connect. So make sure that you’re connected to WiFi or mobile internet.
With the help of this tiny little app called Framaroot, you’ll be able to root Lenovo P780. In order to download the latest version of this app, I would suggest you to head over to this page. Scroll down a little bit and you’ll find attachments to download.
How to Root Lenovo P780 – Step by Step Guide
- As soon as you’ve downloaded the framaroot application, install it.
- You may need to grant the permission to install the app externally. There’s no harm in doing so.
- Double click on the app icon and you’ll see an initial window like shown below
- Now, select the “Install Super SU” from the dropdown and click on the boromir. Both these options are highlighted in the screenshot above.
- As soon as you click on the boromir, you’ll get a new popup with the message written as “Success. Super user and binary installed. Restart your phone.”
- Click on the OK and simply restart/reboot your phone manually.
How to verify if the root on Lenovo P780 was successful?
There’s an easy way to verify if the root on Lenovo P780 was successful or not. All you’ve to do is open up the app drawer and look for an app called “Super SU”. If the application is present in the list, you’ve successfully rooted your Lenovo P780. If it isn’t present, you’ll need to redo the process from step 1. Here’s the small screenshot of how the icon or app will appear in app drawer window.
If there’re any issues regarding the process of rooting Lenovo P780, kindly put a comment below. Please explain as much as possible. This will help me in understanding your problem clearly.
[some images from – androidjugaad]