Currently Moto E is on the target of most smartphone vendors. It’s a big deal to leave it behind in the race of best budget smartphone. Despite its somewhat mediocre quality camera it has gained a lot of positive publicity in press and public. But smartphone vendors are doing their work by launching contenders one after another to compete with it. Some of these devices give a serious competition to Moto E, and one such smartphone is Lava Iris X1. The specs sheet of Iris X1 is already better that that of Moto E – it has got 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 4.5-inches large display with a resolution of 854×480 pixels and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
If you’re the owner of this stylish and feature-rich smartphone and are looking for a tutorial to root it then your search has come to an end. In this tutorial we’ll root Lava Iris X1 to maximize its potential. For your convenience we’re also including the unroot method here, so if anytime you feel that you don’t need a rooted Iris X1 you can easily unroot it to get your phone back in the original condition.
Must Read: Flip Covers and Cases for Lava Iris X1
- Everyone loves their data, so it’ll be better if you take a backup of your important files before proceeding with this process. Connect your phone to PC and copy your data to a secure place.
- Charge your phone at least 80%.
- Enable Developer Options in your device. This can be done by navigating to Settings >> About Phone and tapping the build number 5-7 times.
- Now from the Developer Options you need to enable USB debugging on your device. To do that navigate to Settings >> Developer options >> USB Debugging and check the checkbox to enable it.
- For sometime you’ll have to disable the antivirus and firewall programs running in your PC. Don’t worry, you can enable them again after the process is complete.
- Lastly, ensure that the drivers related to your phone are installed in your PC. Connect your phone to PC and if it’s identified then drivers are installed. Otherwise download the drivers from here and install them.
How to root Lava Iris X1
- Download the Vroot application on your PC.
- Launch it and connect your Iris X1 to PC via original USB data cable.
- Your phone will be identified by the application and a “Root” button will be shown after identification. Click it and wait for sometime until the process completes.
- After completion of process your phone will reboot. Now you can disconnect it from the PC.
To check whether it’s rooted or not you can navigate to the app drawer. If you can find the SuperSu app icon in the drawer then it’s rooted. SuperSu app acts like a firewall that you can use for granting root access to any app.
Now if anytime you feel that you don’t need a rooted phone then you can simply unroot it by following the method given below:
How to unroot Lava Iris X1
- Launch the SuperSu app on your phone.
- Tap the Settings button.
- Scroll all the way down and tap “Full unroot” option.
- Follow the instructions you get on-screen (if any) and it’ll be done!