Looking forward to root Gionee Elife S5.5 that you have purchased recently? We are going to see just that however let me go back in time when we had an era of Chinese phones in Indian market. I hope, you remembered those china mobiles dominated by the 5 speakers (Though, it was producing harsh sound), 4 SIM Slots, 2 batteries, and much more – which we surely can’t expect from any manufacturer nowadays. Surprisingly, the users also had a penchant for those mobiles, but those days are gone far. Well, the current trend shows the market of fully-featured Smartphones with an elegant design. So, keeping the new definition in mind, once again, we have a new Chinese mobile maker who has launched many Smartphones running on Android in an Indian market.
Gionee – a one of the well-known Chinese manufacturers who has already gained a subtle reputation in an Indian market by launching its two flagship Elife E6 and E7 devices. A few months back, the Gionee added another device to its “Elife” family, namely Elife S5.5, which is touted as the ‘world’s slimmest smartphone’. Apart from its 5.5mm thickness, the device also holds a 5-inch 1080p display and a good hardware configuration capable of running any HD videos or games without any lag. Undoubtedly, the device is running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which is upgradаble to v4.4.2 KitKat. Apart from that, users can also port various Custom ROMs to the device, but before that root access is compulsory. Here, to help you out with the rooting process, we are going to show you a guide on ” How To Root Gionee Elife S5.5″ following which you can easily can gain root access to it.
Prerequisites to root Gionee Elife S5.5
- Ensure that you have charged your device sufficiently up to 70%.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of all your important data.
- Install appropriate USB Drivers on your PC.
How To Root Gionee Elife S5.5
- Download and install this “Rooting Tool” on your PC.
- Note: The tool is in Chinese language so please make sure you follow each step as mentioned here.
- Now, connect your device to your PC via USB data cable. Wait for a few seconds so that PC can detect your device.
- Launch the installed tool on your PC under administrator privileges (right click on the file and click “Run as Administrator”).
- You will get an interface with a Chinese language.
- On the top, you will find four different buttons. From that, click on the button named as “Root” (4th one). See the image above for reference.
- The process will take a few seconds to root Gionee Elife S5.5. In between the process, you will get a dialog box asking permissions on your device. Tick the box to grant the permissions.
- Once the process is completed, a message will appear on the saying your phone has been rooted successfully .
That’s it! Your flagship Gionee Elife S5.5 is rooted now. Make sure “SuperSu” app is installed on your device, otherwise you can grab it from Google Play Store. In case, if you need any help just use the comments section below to reach out to us. Enjoy 😀