Asus is heating up the market with its Android “Zenfone” series. The series comprises of the three most popular phones namely Zenfone 4, Zenfone 5, and Zenfone 6. No doubt, all the three phones are different from each other and have their own unique selling points. This guide is entitled at letting you know about the way by which you can root Asus Zenfone 4 which has is the attractive pricing and rock solid specifications. It comes up with a modern Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1.2 GHz Dual Core CPU (Intel’s with hyper threading which treats it as if it is quad-core) with 1GB RAM, PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU, 5MP rear camera, 4/8 GB internal memory and an extra slot for a microSD card which is expandable up to 64 GB. Though, the device is still running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but it’s surely upgradable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
There are many advantages of rooting Asus Zenfone 4 such as you can increasing the performance level a bit, availing extra customizing features, installing root specific apps, and much more. In case, if you want to try out all these extra features on your device you will need to follow this guide thoroughly.
- You have to charge your Zenfone 4 battery up to 70 – 80% – This is the minimum requirement or you can also charge fully.
- Do enable “USB Debugging” on your phone.
- Never forget to take backup of your data on your system.
- Install “USB Drivers” on your system to recognize your phone.
How To Root Asus Zenfone 4
- Download and extract the “Rooting Package” on your system.
- Turn your phone off.
- You have to enter into “Droidboot” mode by pressing and holding “Power + Vol Up + Vol Down” buttons together for a few seconds.
- You will get a screen with a message saying “Ready to Download”.
- Now, connect your phone to your Computer via USB data cable.
- Navigate to extracted folder and open “OPEN.CMD” file.
- Type the following command on an open command prompt window – fastboot flash update root_zenfone4_v4.2.0.zip
- Press enter to start the rooting process.
- You have to wait for sometime to complete the process.
- Once the process is successfully completed, your device will be rebooted.
That’s it! Your Asus Zenfone 4 has been rooted successfully. I hope this guide would have helped you in rooting your Asus Zenfone 4 however if there are any queries or problems, you can always put them in comments below.