Sometimes when we need a change in a smartphone interface, then we opt for various Android Launchers and Themes to redesign the system layout in our own’s way. But when we need to enhance our smartphone performance, then no such third-party apps are available. In that case, we need to replace the Stock Android ROM by some Custom Android ROM in our smartphone. Custom ROMs are the unofficial builds purely based on Android OS comprising of extra customization features.
Undoubtedly, one can easily find a list of Custom ROMs for any Android device. Well, here, we have brought a unique Samsung Galaxy S5 Custom ROM for Xolo Q800 device. This ROM is based on the latest Samsung Galaxy S5 concept. It not only offers a classic Galaxy S5 interface, but also some of the its features to use on your Xolo Q800. Apart from that the ROM contains many tweaks to increase your device performance and efficiency. You can go through the complete list of features offered by this Custom ROM.
Features of Samsung Galaxy S5 Custom ROM for Xolo Q800
- S5 UI
- Air Gesture (Homescreen, Gallery)
- Smart Scroll
- Smart Pause
- Dual Sim Dual Standby (3G + 3G)
- Samsung style status bar icons
- Themed Dialer & Contacts
- Swipe to Call and Swipe to Message
- Fully Deodexed & Zipaligned
- Build.prop Tweaks
- Init.d support
- Floating Video Player
- Bug Free ROM
It’s true that Samsung Galaxy S5 falls under a series of premium smartphones and its not affordable by everyone, but if anyone owns a Xolo Q800 device, then they can taste and feel the Galaxy S5 experience by installing this Galaxy S5 Custom ROM. So here is the detailed guide on How to download and install Samsung Galaxy S5 Custom for Xolo Q800.
- You need to charge your Xolo Q800 battery minimum up to 70 – 80%.
- Please make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your Xolo device.
- Your device must be rooted and appropriate Custom Recovery installed on it.
- Take a backup of your current system on your PC or on an external SD card.
How To Install Samsung Galaxy S5 Custom ROM for Xolo Q800
- Download both the files from the above links on your PC.
- Connect your Xolo Q800 to your PC and copy both the downloaded files to your device memory.
- Disconnect the device and switch it off.
- Now start your Xolo Q800 in “Recovery Mode” by pressing and holding “Volume Up Key & Power Key” for a few seconds.
- Once you get the CWM/TWRP Recovery menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” option to delete the user’s data.
- Further navigate to “Advanced menu” and select “Format/Clear Dalvik cache” to delete cache files.
- Come back to ‘Recovery main menu” and select “mounts and storage”. From there, select “Format system” and give “OK” to format the current system.
- So, all wiping and deleting tasks are completed. Let’s start the ROM installation process.
- From the “Recovery main menu”, select “install zip from SD card”. Navigate to the folder where you have copied files and select “ROM.zip” file. Give “OK” to start the installation process.
- Once the process is completed successfully, select “++Go Back++” option and head to the main menu.
- Further select “reboot now” option to reboot your device.
- Note: Your device will take nearly 3 – 5 minutes to boot-up.
- After you get start-up, follow the initial instructions to setup your device.
- Again, switch off your device and boot it in to ‘Recovery mode”.
- Now select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “ROM update file 1.zip” > Give “OK”.
- Once you are done with that, reboot your device.
- Again it will take 3 – 5 minutes to get you on home screen and a message will be displayed on the screen saying “Android is upgrading”.
- Similarly, you have to follow “Step 13 – 14 – 15” to flash “ROM update file 2.zip”.
- Ah! Finally, after flashing a lots of zip files and frequent reboots the ROM installation process is completed successfully.
That’s it! Now you have a new interface and extra customization features available on your Xolo Q800 device. Start flaunting your device like never before. I know it’s a quite long installation process, but not too tough to follow. Still, if you need an help then drop your comments in the below comments section.