Do you want to format or factory reset your phone? Are you afraid of loosing your essential data such as messages, apps and most importantly game’s progress? There’re ways to backup apps and/or games without rooting your phone. Rooted users have been enjoying this freedom of backing up apps or games data to restore it in future but now a non-rooted user can do the same. Yes, you heard it right. You don’t need to root your phone to take the backup of apps or games data.
This post is comprised of all the possible methods that can help you in backing up the essential data.
Method 1: Backing up using Helium App
The Helium app takes the full android backup. But what does a full android backup means? It means that this app is capable of backing up following things.
- Contacts, emails, calendar, bookmarks
- Call logs, text messages
- Apps data, user defined dictionary (from keyboard), user playlist
- Settings configuration
- Photos, videos and music
Let’s begin and start backing up all your data.
- Go to the play store and download Helium – App Sync and Backup
- You’ll need to have a desktop client running on your computer. For that, visit clockworkmod.com/carbon and choose the desktop client according to the operating system that you’re using.
- If you’re using a windows operating system, you’ll need to install additional drivers which are mentioned on the same page of clockworkmod.
- Once you’re done installing the desktop client, android drivers (if you’re on windows) and app from the play store, connect the phone to the computer using USB cable.
- Open the helium app on your phone and you’ll see an interface with two tabs i.e., Backup and Restore.
- On your computer, open any internet browser and navigate to the IP address of following configuration. IP Address of your android phone:5000 (For example, http://192.168.1.3:5000). You can find this IP address by clicking on the “PC download” button. This button is available under three dots button which is present inside the Helium app (top-right corner).
- On your phone, make sure you’re on the backup tab. Now select the apps that you want to backup by checking the box.
- Once you’re done selecting the apps you want to backup, click on the simple backup button. Choose the storage option where you want to save your backup file.
- Alternatively, you can take the backup on your computer. As I mentioned earlier, get your IP address from the app’s settings and open it up on your internet browser.
- This will open a window similar to the one that has been shown below
- Select your apps or games that you want to backup and click on the start backup button. This will save the backup file on your computer.
- This backup file can later be used to restore the data.
Method 2: Backing up using Easy Backup
Easy backup is one good alternative to the helium app but the is quite unstable. It may or may not work with your phone as there are some issues regarding backing up the apps data. Sometimes, the app fails to backup this data. However, the app does a pretty awesome job at backing up things like text messages, call logs, calendar, bookmarks, contacts and dictionary.
Here’s how you can backup using Easy Backup.
- Download and install the app from Google play store.
- Open it up and you’ll find simple buttons like backup, apps backup, restore, view and delete.
- Click on the backup button to do the simple backup of things such as contacts, call logs etc.
- Click on the apps backup to start backing up the apps data.
- The restore button can later be used to restore the data from the backup file.
Please note that you can export the backup file to SD card, Dropbox, Google Drive or Gmail.
These are two of the most easiest and reliable ways of backing up everything from your android phone without rooting. Hit me up in the comments below if there’re any issues regarding them.