Finally the time has come when Android’s Lollipop update isn’t a thing of elite anymore. It took a bit of time, but finally it’s happening. Although Google launched Android 5.0 last year, still the fact is that it’s not yet available for majority of devices. Only a few flagship models have been updated to the latest version till now, most of which belong to well-known brands like HTC, Motorola, Samsung and others. But today Xolo has also joined the club by rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Xolo Q610S users in India.
However, there’s a catch. The update rolled out by Xolo isn’t an over-the-air update and is available as a manual download instead. But that doesn’t matter much – at least you’ll be able to finally experience the latest in Android family. And who knows if they roll it out over-the-air too in a matter of few days? If you want to go with OTA update only then you may wait for a few days, otherwise you can download and install it manually.
How to update Xolo Q610S to Android Lollipop
Given below is the process that you need to follow to download and install the update in your device:
- First of all backup the data residing in your phone. There’s a very slim chance that you’ll lose anything, but still for the sake of security it’ll be better if you backup your data.
- Next, download the update package from Xolo’s website and save it somewhere in your computer as update.zip
- Now connect your Q610S to computer via USB cable.
- Once your computer detects the device, your smartphone will show that it’s USB Connected.
- Next, select Turn on USB storage and tap OK to activate it.
- Now your phone will be shown as a drive on your computer. Copy the downloaded update package to your phone’s root directory. And remember, you’ve to copy it in root directory only. Copying to any other location won’t work.
- Turn off the USB storage once it’s copied and disconnect your phone from computer.
- Now launch the Xolo Care app on your smartphone and tap Check for software update.
- Finally, Click Download when asked and wait for the completion of update process.
Android 5.0 brings a whole lot of stability improvements, performance enhancements and power saving features to the device apart from major design changes and new features that’re part of the update. It’s a must have upgrade for any Android smartphone user, so go ahead and grab it!