Xolo has eventually released Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Xolo Q1000 Opus in India. According to the sources, the update is now available via over the air as well as manual download from the company’s website. The update is sized at 235 MB and it is highly recommended that you should use WiFi to avoid extra data charges by carriers.
The Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Xolo Q1000 includes all the glory that is found on the Kitkat. There is huge improvement in dialer and downloads app. Additionally, the immersive mode and cloud print support has also been added through Kitkat update. You can also select the default SMS application from settings.
The Xolo Q1000 Opus was launched in December last year and it attracted the eyes of people in India. The main factor is the price point. It is currently retailing for the price of somewhere around Rs 8000. You can refer the table below for the price comparison on different online stores.
Talking about how to update your Xolo Q1000 Opus to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update, I would like to highlight that you will get the notification automatically on your device. If you haven’t received the notification yet, I would recommend you to wait for couple of days as the update might have been rolled out in the phases. Alternatively, you can download the update manually from Xolo support center.
If you’re planning to update Xolo Q1000 Opus manually, here is the step by step guide.
Android 4.4.2 update for Xolo Q1000 Opus – Manual Update
Caution – Many users have reported that the update is buggy. Some of the bugs reported so far are “stuck on the boot logo, unable to turn on WiFi, graphics problems in some of the games” etc. It is highly recommended that you should wait for an official statement from Xolo. We are trying to contact them up and we will update this post as soon as we get any reply.
- Download the update from company’s support center.
- Rename the file with the name “update.zip” and don’t try to extract the content.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer using USB cable and your computer should produce a tiny beep sound as it gets connected.
- On the phone, you’ll see a notification like shown below.
- Click on the “USB connected” notification which is highlighted in red in above screenshot.
- Now, you’ll have a green android box being displayed on the screen. Click on the turn on USB storage and this icon will turn orange (refer the screenshot below).
- A new drive will appear on your computer screen (just like when you connect the pen drive).
- Now, move the downloaded zip from your computer to the phone’s internal memory. Also, put it in the root directory i.e., outside of any folder.
- As soon as transfer is complete, click on turn off USB storage.
- On the phone, open “Xolo Care” app and in update tab, click on the “check for software update” button.
- This will identify the package and you’ll get the popup as shown below.
- Select the file and click on continue.
- This will install the Android 4.4.2 update on your Xolo Q1000 Opus in no time.
If you’ve further queries, feel free to comment below.